For our Data Science team in Bucharest, located at the 35th floor in Sky Tower building (highest high in Romania), we are hiring a Senior Big Data Engineer.
If interested, please send your CV at email@example.com
For the selected candidates we are offering a relocation package and 1 salary upfront payment at relocation.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will:
- Build large-scale real-time data processing systems (millions of events per sec) and serve data warehousing solutions while working with a variety of database technologies. Some of the databases and tools we're using today: Druid.IO, Aurora, Redshift, Redis, postgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, HDFS, HBase - you'll have the flexibility to make your own choices in terms of technologies to use for solving technical challenges
- Build tools and frameworks for data analyses, such as: Apache Pig, Apache Hive, Apache Spark - SQL and DataFrames, Rest API's, and our Internal Tools
- Design, review, implement and optimize data transformation frameworks and tools in order to provide data analytical models. Example: Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Internal Tools, etc.
- Define environment resources capacity for the internal systems
- Create monitoring tools for distributed systems - technologies you'll use: LogStash, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, SuperSet
- Be willing to contribute to open-source projects
Your Job Requirements:
- Understand main principles of data intensive applications
- Hands-on experience with Java.8+
- Experience in applying development best practices (documentation, code reviews, coding standards, design patterns)
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX environments
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
The following are assets:
- Experience with Apache Kafka (Kafka streams, Apache Kafka - KSQL)
- Experience with Apache Hadoop YARN
- Experience with the Druid.io database
- Experience with the Spring frameworks
- Experience with Akka.io
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with workflow tools (Azkaban, Apache Oozie)
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools Nagios, Prometheus, Kibana, Superset
- Experience with AWS Elastic Map Reduce
- SQL knowledge and the trade-offs involved in choosing SQL or No-SQL solutions
- Knowledge of deploying and scaling cloud services using AWS
- Agile development methodologies and good understanding of UML are considered a plus
- Experience with Scala, Python, Groovy & functional programming
- Appetite for mathematical models and machine learning
Our offer (bonuses, benefits) - what’s in it for you:
- Casual & friendly working environment with opportunities to impact the company with your ideas and involvement, we have a start-up mindset and easy going communication style (even with Top Management)
- Technology diversity (autonomy to choose which technology you want to use for the quarterly roadmap project), real technical challenges
- Working in an international/multi-cultural team from each office we have
- Flexible working program and Work from home option
- Individual trainings and certifications annual budget
- Bonus system, on top of base salary, paid quarterly (for real, not just on paper)
- Paid days off related to quarterly performance
- Sports package
- We encourage you for a healthy life-style: running/Bike events enrollment on company’s account
- Meal tickets
- Gift cards for special events (e.g.: Easter, 1st of June, 8th of March, Christmas)
- Private premium medical subscription
- Parking lots at Sky Tower
- Adswizz technical books library
- Good hardware devices (new laptops / Mac’s, displays etc.)
- Annual Christmas party (open bar, coolest locations in Bucharest)
- Family events (e.g.: Halloween and Christmas party for employees’ kids)
- Themed team events nights (casino night, boardgames night, scary movies night etc.)
- Covering luncheon for team meetings during lunch time
- Weekly Fruits day, orange juice, coffee, milk, vending machine, games (ping-pong, fussball, air hockey etc.)
- CSR activities (cake auctions, yard sales, blood donation campaigns @our office)
- We celebrate our wins with Belgian chocolate & beers, great Californian and Romanian wines or just tap water but we celebrate each time we release new break-through software!
Wanna see how Belgian chocolate goes with technology? Come and join a community of the smartest folks you’ve ever met, that want to aim for the sky and want to use their skills to make a difference!
AdsWizz is the leading technology provider of advertising solutions for the digital audio industry. The company seamlessly connects the digital audio advertising ecosystem with its suite of platforms and software solutions. AdsWizz provides leading audio publishers with advanced server-side and client-side insertion software, and with audio-centric ad serving and supply-side platforms. AdsWizz also operates the largest premium audio ad marketplace and provides ad networks and programmatic trading desks with solutions to effectively trade online audio inventory.
AdsWizz powers the world’s leading audio publishers, agencies, advertisers, and digital ad-sale teams. The company is based in San Mateo, California with teams in Europe and Asia.
The Market Opportunity:
AdsWizz is virtually the only full stack audio programmatic platform in the industry. We build the pipes that enable digital audio advertising transactions to flow easily between buyers and sellers. The AdsWizz’s advertising solution powers all of the well-known music platforms, podcasts and broadcasting groups worldwide including Pandora, iHeartMedia, Cox, Tune-in, SoundCloud and dozens more. The company’s technology connects audio publishers to the advertising community and works today with most major advertising agencies and trading desks.
AdsWizz builds and manages the products across the entire audio ecosystem that power programmatic audio advertising today. The company is the market share leader in each of the product categories, and powers the largest and fastest growing audio marketplace in the world, AdWave, which delivers nearly 100 million audio ad impressions every single day. Marketers are ramping up their audio ad spend, with more than two thirds interested in programmatic buying for streaming music.
To learn more about Adswizz please go to https://www.adswizz.com/