The incumbent serves as U.S. Embassy Chisinau’s Intranet and Internet Webmaster, Share Point developer and Electronic Document Administrator under the supervision of the Information Systems Officer and the Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) Computer Management Specialist. Develops U.S. Embassy Chisinau’s websites with new technology, adding new features and functionality as authorized software becomes available. The incumbent is directly involved in planning and implementation of the Internet and Intranet technology base with particular emphasis on architecture, tools, and platforms, of the Internet/Intranet environment. Provides support for the Electronic Document system, utilizes expertise in designing, developing and producing electronic forms that meet established legal requirements and will be accessible from the Intranet. The incumbent is a member of the Information Systems Center (ISC) team and assists in managing Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and Metropolitan Area networks (MAN). Performs unscheduled tasks as directed by the LE Staff Computer Management Specialist, ISO, or IMO while maintaining a high level of customer service.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years in a technical position with emphasis on database development and maintenance, and/or application design and implementation are required.
1. Must have knowledge of database development, maintenance, and administration.
2. Must have working knowledge of applicable networking systems and methods, telecommunications, operating system software, standard office application software, diagnosis techniques, intermediate to advanced fact-finding techniques, systems analysis and design techniques. Working knowledge of Microsoft products as they apply to Web and application development.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology, information security, information management, telecommunications management, cybernetics or engineering is required.
Language: Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English, Romanian and Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. To be fully successful applicant must have a background in the use 3rdand 4thGeneration programming languages, SQL query language and database administration. Efficient and effective management of posts’ Intranet Web system and databases to provide post with the necessary tools to accomplish Mission goals and objectives.
2. Must be able to produce quality graphics and pictures for Intranet and Internet Web sites. This requires a high level of creativity.
3. Individual must be capable of working without direct supervision.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.