The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau, Moldova is hiring a:
Residence Manager – High Level Official
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises official residence household employees;
- Instructs the chef about upcoming events, instructs other staff about luncheon, dinner and reception arrangements;
- Checks with the staff on the proper execution of duties;
- Checks daily with the Ambassador or his/her spouse regarding needs;
- Arranges spouse’s schedule, makes appointments and acts as interpreter if and when needed;
- Coordinates closely with the Ambassador’s Office and the Protocol Office;
- Maintains the financial records of the Residence, including representational accounts as well as ORE funds, settling the accounts with the Employer on an agreed-upon basis;
- Prepares ORE, VAT and representational vouchers;
- Calls the Embassy’s General Services Office when a maintenance crew is required to perform maintenance and/or repair work at the Residence;
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Level 3 Speaking/Writing in English in order to communicate orally and in writing with guests, the general public and other Embassy staff;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the Ambassador and his family, other residence staff members, Embassy personnel and vendors;
- Ability to prioritize work, and to work under pressure with accuracy and attention to detail;
- Comprehensive knowledge of residence management services.
WHO MAY APPLY:
All applicants must have the required work/residency permits be able to legally work in Moldova and be eligible for appointment under Moldova’s local labor laws. No visa support will be provided to foreign/non-Moldovan applicants.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for this position must submit a current résumé in English to DipChefChisinau@yahoo.com