DevelopmentAid was founded in 2007 and is a leading information provider for the international development sector. We provide a business development platform and recruiting services for worldwide organisations, and offer professional career advice for individual consultants.
Our team consists of over 150 innovative and passionate people: analysts, developers, designers, marketeers, career advisers, recruiters, and business developers.
Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for
a talented developer passionate about data science and machine learning to join our ML team responsible for automatization of some critical business processes within the company. The challenge we are facing is collection and classification of big data, for that an expert system for data analysis is currently under development.
• Develop and support API web service;
• Understand and use computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, computability and complexity and computer architecture;
• Understand business objectives and develop models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress;
• Analyze the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability;
• Explore and visualize data to gain an understanding of it, then identify differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world;
• Verify data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning;
• Define validation strategies;
• Define the pre-processing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset;
• Train models and tune their hyper-parameters;
• Analyze the errors of the model and design strategies to overcome them;
• Prepare models for production environment;
• Research and implement best practices to improve the existing machine learning infrastructure.
• Good knowledge of the OOP principles;
• Demonstrable experience working with the following technologies: Linux, Bash, SQL, REST, JSON, HTTP;
• Git experience and associated workflows;
• Familiarity with TDD and BDD programming styles;
• Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or Keras;
• Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets;
• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture;
• Experience in statistical and data mining techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, random forests, trees, and social network analysis);
• Good spoken/written English;
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Docker and other orchestration tools;
• Python and basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas;
• Experience with OpenCV;
• Ability to select hardware to run an ML model with the required latency;
• Good knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms;
• Experience working with machine learning techniques such as artificial neural networks, clustering, and decision tree learning;
• Experience working with distributed data and computing tools like Hadoop, Hive, Gurobi, Map/Reduce, MySQL, and Spark.
• An experience-based competitive salary;
• Regular revisions of the remuneration amount;
• A referral bonus for proposing potential candidates;
• The possibility to flexibly organize your working hours within a full-time, Monday -
Friday work schedule;
• Boundary-free and direct interaction with owners and clients of the product you will work on;
• Work in an international environment within a professional and talented team of peers;
• Internal, on-the-job training and continuous professional development programs;
• Training policy covering a wide variety of professional, as well as non-work-related training needs;
• Inviting work conditions, with a cozy relaxation area, play room, and a diverse library;
• Freshly brewed coffee by our skilled barista in our very own bar;
• Regular corporate events, team buildings and company-wide social gatherings.
Our company offers a wide range of vacancies for all levels of seniority to ensure the possibility to migrate to other positions or into other departments.
To apply, send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit workwithus.developmentaid.org for more information.