Engineering Manager, iOS Team
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
About the Team:
iOS team is full of passionate and professional engineers. We are responsible for building and maintaining iOS applications which are a core part of the Ellation business. We care about code quality. We stay up to date with new technologies. We automate all the things when we have the chance. We contribute to the company’s best practices. And we care about our users and the community.
We are looking for an ambitious Engineering Manager for iOS team with strong technical and soft skills. You will be responsible for building high-quality iOS applications, maintaining team morale and supporting career development for team members. You will be coordinating with the rest of the organization to ensure key business needs are addressed. You’ll manage a team of talented iOS engineers who work closely with several PMs, Design, QA and QE teams. This role also requires occasional travel.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience developing and deploying high-quality iOS/tvOS applications
- 2+ experience managing/leading a team of engineers
- Excellent knowledge of Swift/Objective-C
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- High attention to details, product and design quality
- Advocate for coding best practices, clean and testable code
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Experience with Continuous Integration services (Jenkins)
- Proven experience as a leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Ability to influence others with your ideas, contribute to company-wide best practices and initiatives
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Ruby and experience building Fastlane plugins
- Familiarity with AWS technologies
- Experience in open-source projects
- Experience in multiple software languages/technologies
A day in the life of our iOS Engineering Manager:
- Lead by example, hands-on Engineering Management
- Provide technical vision for iOS applications
- Be professional and encourage professionalism in teams
- Be a champion for high-quality code and reduce tech debt in negotiation with the product
- Strategic planning with product ensuring key business needs are addressed
- Oversee engineering responsibilities around product development from conception to completion
- Support development scrum process and team-building exercises
- Demonstrate consideration of project risks, cross-team impact against services and features to be developed
- Consistently evaluate processes for efficiency and refine them
- Take an active part in the hiring process
- Write technical blog posts, participate in open-source publishing of projects
- Travel occasionally to San Francisco to coordinate with product and service team stakeholders
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay healthy - private health, dental and vision insurance
- Take time for you - accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule
- Refuel - catered meals, snacks & beverages
- Find balance - on-site gym, yoga & wellness classes, Employee assistance program
- Work hard, watch hard - free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Brothers Digital Library
- Level up - prepaid Udemy accounts, English classes, professional development courses & conferences
- Press play - game nights, anime nights, team outings & office celebrations
- That's not all - referral bonus, Crunchyroll Store discount & other
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau. VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.