Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of cross-functional experts assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status:
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the Role:
As a Product Designer at Crunchyroll, you will be working with the Product Team, UX Research, and other Product Designers to build products that amaze and delight our users. Your designs should show a deep understanding of the industry, our competitors, and most importantly empathy for our users. You will think through complex problems and use your design expertise to provide solutions that provide our users with an outstanding user experience that is both beautiful and functional.
About the Team:
The Product Design department is a distributed team responsible for the design of the Crunchyroll and VRV services on desktop, tablet, mobile, and TV devices. Our goal is a consistent and flawless user experience across all these platforms.
As a complement to business, product, and engineering, we collaborate with teams across the organization to identify the right problems to tackle and ensure that our solutions satisfy the goals of both the business and the end-user. We are an international team with designers in both San Francisco and Moldova.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design/graphic design/new media or equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work that has shipped as well as your design process
- 5-8+ years of professional design experience
- A user-centred approach to designing software and services for people
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, guidelines, and other best practices
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira and Confluence
- Understanding and up to date experience with web application technologies, including responsive web, native iOS/Android app design, and Living Room Devices
- Skilled in design programs like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to set and balance priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Will be responsible for, with other design team members, explaining their thinking for the designs they build. Will also be responsible for communicating these ideas outward across the organization and to upper-level management
- Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work
- You have an interest in anime, pop culture, animation, video games, tech and geekdom
- You have knowledge of the online video streaming space
A day in the life of our Sr. Product Designer:
- Empathize with our user’s needs and work with product to define, design, and implement product-effective solutions
- Work with our UX Research Team and Interaction Designers on prototypes, test both new and existing product features
- Work with Interaction Designers to communicate micro-interactions within your designs to your product team (Engineers, Product Owners, etc). Sometimes may be required to produce your own animations as examples
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem and across various platforms
- Help mentor other designers and improve their skills and product design thinking
- Own the product design and vision on multiple features from end to end. Work with your team to improve and iterate on designs and make sure that the final design is well-executed, and a positive user experience
- Lead large scale features that require complex interactions and the creation of new design system elements
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, Autumn Fridays and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Brothers Digital Library;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.