Who We Are
Crunchyroll Moldova (previously branded as Ellation Moldova) is a transformative entertainment company with a devoted technology team and a knack for cutting-edge technologies. Recently awarded the top employer of Moldova, we collaborate with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About The Team:
The Crunchyroll DevOps Team is a small group of highly skilled cloud engineers with a passion for automating the platform on which our software developers deploy their applications. Our customers are the software engineers and other business units within the company who work around us every day and need our support. We live to make things easier for them to rapidly develop, test, and deploy new features and applications. Working with the other engineering teams to make DevOps a culture at Crunchyroll is a key objective for the team in 2021 and beyond.
- You have maintained AWS infrastructure as code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- You are a good collaborator and can lead cross-team initiatives.
- You have built automation and tools using languages like Python, Go, Java, or Ruby.
- You think about how to automate long-term solutions to problems rather than applying a quick fix.
- You have built and maintained a CI/CD pipeline and have considered all stages of the SDLC.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience creating working with monitoring and alerting tools.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building and maintaining a production Kubernetes cluster.
- Experience managing deployments using Harness.
- Strong software engineering background.
A Day in the Life of Our DevOps Engineer:
We own a 24/7 Global operation. Our team works in shifts and we handoff to the daytime shift in each timezone every day. We believe in working hard, having a work life balance, and striving to maintain it. The team supports each other when needed on both project work as well as on call rotations. We enjoy working with many different types of people on teams throughout the company and helping them to contribute to the smooth running of our platform and applications. AWS is a core component of our platform, and we work with it daily. Another part of our daily lives is working with CICD tools and refining the software development lifecycle. We onboard new features and applications every day and find ways to optimize our platform just as frequently.
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.