Java Technical Lead (Iasi, Romania)
About the client:
The client is focused on improving urban mobility and considers smart cities as one of its core initiatives. The company has been investing in developing smart parking and smart transportation solutions and it is moving towards an account-based payments model. The software platforms help the local authorities in 4000 cities around the world to measure, monitor and manage the mobility within the cities. Every week around the world, customer’s terminals, mobile applications and online services, contribute to improving the living environment of its 100 million users by helping to reduce air pollution, optimize traffic, simplify payments, make cities more secure and economically dynamic.
We are looking for an experienced Java Technical Lead to be responsible for providing solutions for technical issues which may affect product delivery. You should demonstrate sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills and proficiency in Java technologies. Ultimately, a top-notch Java Technical Lead should have good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions and excellent teamwork skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Project Manager, Delivery Lead and Business Analyst or any other customer’s stakeholders to define the roadmap for any given product;
- Build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards;
- Coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques;
- Previous software architect experience;
- Demonstrated ability to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code;
- Strives to deploy all products and updates on time;
- Remain up-to-date on all current best practices, trends and industry developments;
- Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks in order to address them preactively;
- Experience in working with customers, partners and vendor to create software solutions.
- 7+ years of professional experience required;
- Strong experience leading teams using multiple engineering tools, languages and practices;
- Detail-oriented, proactive and a strong sense of ownership;
- Proven experience in design and development of higly distributes software solutions;
- Proven ability to apply Distributed Data Patterns to software design;
- Good understanding of unit testing methodologies;
- Excellent knowledge of software development processes;
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Very good English communications skills, both writing and speaking;
Nice to have:
- French language would be a plus;
- Curiosity and learning mind-set.
- Would be a plus to have romanian citizenship.