We believe in helping individuals & organizations stay ahead of the curve by disrupting the old ways of making business run faster.
Our open source technology is focused on user experience & allows IT to build intelligent business solutions at breakthrough speed.
Business is no longer a series of transactions but a constant flow of information, ideas, decisions, and outcomes. That’s why we’ve developed a software platform that connects people, content, & processes, giving organizations the power to start their journey towards Digital Transformation.
This is an exciting role and an opportunity to join the Alfresco Iasi Engineering team within Ness.
As a Technical Director , you will be accountable for providing technical guidance in planning and execution of the product vision for the Alfresco Iasi engineering teams.
You will work very closely with the Technical Leads of 6 feature teams based in Iasi and be accountable for developing new systems and keeping engineering practices updated.
You will collaborate with System Architects and Component owners to help ensure best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the system.
You will partner with VP of Engineering, Iasi Director of Engineering and other stakeholders in Product and Engineering to help create and sustain a data driven, one engineering team culture.
- Be regarded as a subject matter expert for languages, platforms and engineering practices
- Keep Alfresco Iasi engineering group up to date on new technologies and software development practices
- Engineering Craftmenship including coaching and mentoring the team providing training.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Interact with clients, product managers, technical leads and developers to determine functional and non-functional requirements
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas an put forwards solutions to any issues.
- When needed, play an active part in reviewing and refining the product backlog for various feature teams, together with the Product Managers, Technical Leads and team members, though planning and estimation activities;
- Works closely with Ness Iasi recruitment function, Technical Leads and Iasi Director of Engineering to recruit, on-board and retains a team of high-performance engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Advise on technical coaching and training of team members and others, promote and advocate continuous improvement
- Champion technical events promoted by Alfresco both within the company and in Iasi local technical communities ( development conferences, hackatons, other technical conferences)
- Taking data driven decisions as part of day to day activity
Essential skills and experience
- Strong technical background currently owning hands-on experience as a software engineer designing, coding, maintaining and testing software products ( 10+years)
- Practical experience of using the Spring framework (4+ years)
- Experience in data access, server-side integrations, extensions, and building RESTful APIs
- A strong knowledge of design patterns, principles and clean coding techniques with the ability to make practical choices based on that knowledge;
- Understanding of one or more relational databases;
- Passionate about technology, strong communicator and promoter of engineering best practices and trends
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
Desirable skills and experience
- Understanding of Content Management and Business Process Management domains
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience in cloud application development and deployments, e.g. AWS
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Travel - Some travel may be required for this role.
- Training on application;
- Access to training for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
Attractive compensation scheme.