Job category General Affairs Officer
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The Netherlands’ Embassy Office in Moldova is part of a worldwide network of diplomatic missions, representing Dutch political, economic, cultural and consular interests abroad. The Embassy Office in Chisinau is now looking for a General Affairs Officer (temporary position).
The Embassy Office is a relatively new diplomatic mission, established in 2016 as part of an increased presence of Dutch diplomacy in the countries of the Eastern Partnership. The Embassy Office is an independent diplomatic mission that works under the responsibility of the Dutch Ambassador to Moldova, residing in Bucharest. The Office consists of the Head of Office/Chargé d’affaires a.i., a Senior Political Affairs Officer and a Senior General Affairs Officer.
The General Affairs Officer will be working closely together with the Head of the Embassy Office (Chargé d’Affaires a.i.), as well as with other colleagues in Chisinau, Bucharest and The Hague.
Description of duties
• Financial administration of the Embassy Office (keeping a balance sheet, bank payments and cash box, VAT claims, etc.);
• Office management (relations with the management of the building, managing the office requisites, overseeing the cleaning services, administrating the official car, etc.);
• Managing contracts with suppliers;
• Maintaining contacts with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, State diplomatic Protocol, other state institutions and other diplomatic missions;
• Secretary functions (handling official correspondence, answering the telephone, responding to enquiries by e-mail, etc.);
• Supporting the consular functions of the Office (emergency documents, consular assistance, etc.);
• Assisting in the organization of events;
• Personal assistant to the Head of Office.
• Higher professional education (HBO)
• 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in an international setting;
• Excellent organization skills, ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time;
• Good communication and people skills;
• A creative approach to problem solving;
• Ability to learn fast;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and with great flexibility;
• Excellent command of the English, Romanian and Russian languages, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an asset;
• Knowledge of relevant local regulations.
• Results oriented;
• Planning and organizing;
• Service minded and customer oriented;
• Ability to express oneself effectively verbally and in writing (in English, Russian and Romanian).
Type of Position
This is a full-time position (37,5 hours per week), for the fixed period of 15 September 2020-31 March 2021.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands is an inclusive employer with a focus on diversity. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or any other category protected by law. We promote flexible, family-friendly working conditions, where operational and security needs allow.
22 August 2020
How to apply
Please submit your application letter, including your CV and any supporting materials to by email: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the vacancy code: GAOVB
For more information please contact HR-Consulting recruiter: +373 60 522 274 or via email: email@example.com