Sr. Graphic Designer - Crunchyroll Games (Contract)
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to build experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the team:
The Crunchyroll Games team is growing fast! We are a cross-functional team of highly-motivated people spanning several internal departments — from Business to Marketing to Audience Development to Design. The team collaborates with external content partners to develop and promote mobile games for the Crunchyroll community. As a member of the team, you’ll participate in the design, application and analysis as well as oversee the branding on the promotion of marketing materials.
We are looking to add a Sr. Graphic Designer to support the marketing arm of our ever-expanding library of games including co-publishing and original titles.
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work that has shipped to market as well as your design process
- 5+ years of professional design experience. Design experience with entertainment marketing or games marketing a plus
- Experience designing for marketing (digital and large-scale print asset creation) and driving creative asset development
- Experience working with brand and style guidelines, being able to share and develop vision and creative design of games’ marketing assets
- Flexible and can navigate a fast-paced environment. Can handle your time effectively across multiple projects to adhere to production schedules
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and eager to learn
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to explain creative concepts, requirements, and process clearly and concisely
- Expert skills in modern design programs like Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
- Understanding and up to date experience with modern web application technologies and responsive web design
- Familiarity with anime and online fandom communities a plus
- Experience in the gaming industry and working with IPs a plus
A day in the life of our Sr. Graphic Designer Contractor:
- Works collaboratively with the cross-functional team (Marketing, Social, Lifecycle, User Acquisition, and Web Developers) to envision and craft the marketing materials for the library of mobile games
- Drives the design process, gathering input and feedback from internal and external partners
- Delivers digital designs and assets (including web banners, social, app store, and user acquisition assets) in collaboration with creative team members
- On occasion, communicates with outside content providers and licensors to drive approvals and alignment
- Works closely with front-end web developer on web design aspects
- Works with the Events team to create collateral for print
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact recruiting@crunchyroll before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.