Graphic Designer, Creative Services (Contract)
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to build experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status:
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the position:
Are you ready to create unique graphic assets and event experiences that capture the imagination of our audience, to see your designs on streaming platforms, paid media, and lifecycle channels worldwide? Do you love bringing brands to life? We have a great opportunity for you. We’re looking for an experienced graphic designer to join our creative team and work cross-functionally with partners to bring concepts to reality!
This role will be responsible for handling the production of numerous graphic assets for lifecycle, paid media, and other marketing assets. We are looking for someone who possesses a solid work ethic, understands design across multiple applications, and who, most of all, is enthusiastic about design and creating one-of-a-kind experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record that focuses on bringing innovative ideas to life in pixel-perfect format. You’ll be responsible for the ideation and execution of design solutions on marketing assets, primarily for lifecycle and paid media marketing.
- Successful track record of completing projects independently, and working with multiple partners across various touchpoints
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external partners, building consensus on goals and objectives
- Experience with licensed key art
- A creative thinker, you are able to work within brand guidelines to keep brand integrity while generating original ideas to expand the brand
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Must have the ability to explain ideas clearly to partners and teammates
- Flexible and resourceful, you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are solution-focussed
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational and project management skills a must
- Understanding of print and digital assets best practices
- Receptive to feedback, able to modify designs accordingly, and work on various projects simultaneously
- Respect for fandoms and the importance of community-building is a plus
- An interest in pop culture, anime, media, and/or entertainment strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree. Graphic design or related field preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional design experience, designing for entertainment, gaming, or lifestyle brands
- Proven ability to develop conceptual visual ideas and execute against them to create solutions in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Sketch and Google Suite knowledge would be a plus.
A day in the life of our marketing team:
- You will design eye-catching marketing assets for lifecycle and paid media channels that attract viewers to watch anime on Crunchyroll.
- Collaborate on the design and production of projects, and work with several groups, such as Marketing, Games, and Events
- You work with the Design team and its partners, presenting graphics creative rationale and design style tone for approval before proceeding with production
- You maintain a consistently productive approach throughout a project’s process and give regular updates to key partners
- Develop timelines on all high-volume projects you share with the teams involved
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact recruiting@crunchyroll before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.