Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
About the Team
In LRX Department (Living Room Experience), we develop apps for the devices that can be found in a Living Room: Xbox, PlayStation, Android TV/Fire TV, Chrome cast, Roku, etc. We use a special cross-platform framework to deliver from a single codebase to all platforms. Because the room is filled with consoles, inevitably we’re having fun in the process of doing what we love - programming!
- 2+ years of experience with React Native
- Experience with REST API
- Deep understanding of clean code concepts, design patterns
- Good level of knowledge of English
- Can freely use Git
- Easily write unit tests
Nice to have:
- Experience with mobile development
- Hand hands on the TypeScript language
- Had used or tried RxJS
- Familiar with 10-foot UI
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- A day in the life of our React Native Engineer:
- Participate in daily standup and technical meetings and discuss code design, architecture, frameworks, new insights, and concepts
- Use the Playstation, the Xbox, AndroidTV, Roku to implement new app features using specially crafted Facebook’s React Native framework to work on these devices.
- Have fun discovering the bugs and eliminate them
- Write our own small tooling in Typescript
- We are humans, say jokes, laugh sometimes, meet for a drink, and other stuff.
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, Autumn Fridays and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Brothers Digital Library;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Crunchyroll a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau. VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.