Who We Are
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
About the Team
Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams champion Crunchyroll’s goal of delivering high-quality video and rich content to our users on multiple platforms. In addition to devising testing strategies and evaluating feature quality, our quality engineers take part in feature planning and design reviews, to contribute their ideas and to ensure testability.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Like video? Like anime and the culture around it? We’re looking for a QA Tester to join our team in Chișinău to focus on contributing to our customer’s outstanding experience that we seek to deliver.
- 2+ years of working experience in Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, approaches, techniques and quality assurance principles
- Experience in Video streaming services, Ads, APIs, Data Analytics is a plus
- Experience testing game console would be considered an advantage
- Able to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, considering negative and edge case scenarios as well as positive scenarios
- High attention to detail and methodical approach to test preparation, execution and reporting
- Ability to understand end-user requirements
- Experience with test management tools like Test Rail
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Positive and proactive demeanor with the ability to optimally manage own time
- Proficient English
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
- Formal testing qualifications would be an advantage (ISEB, ISTQB)
A day in the life of our QA Team:
- Crafting and executing manual test cases to verify whether the software solutions meet the requirements and quality standards expected
- Identifying and reporting defects proactively
- Reviewing and contributing to the revision of acceptance criteria for accuracy, clarity, and completeness
- Configuring test environment
- Reporting testing progress to the Test Lead
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is.
You've got so far! Let's meet and discuss this opportunity. Please apply here