Who We Are
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the Team
Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams champion Crunchyroll’s goal of delivering high-quality video and rich content to our users on multiple platforms. In addition to devising testing strategies and evaluating feature quality, our quality engineers take part in feature planning and design reviews, to contribute their ideas and to ensure testability.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
- 2+ years experience in Mobile, Web test automation
- Understand and develop code in Java (Kotlin)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Rest Assured, You.i driver
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems
- Experience with QA processes, open-source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with a passion for quality processes
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, testing tools
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure project deliverables
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient English
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems
- Experience with Atlassian tools & applications (JIRA, Confluence)
- Previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems is desired
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
A day in the life of our QE Engineers:
- Responsible for testing complex web, mobile and data services
- Build and maintain automated test cases, execute test suites, review and diagnose reported bugs, and ensure overall quality of services prior to release
- Perform build automation for APIs around Functional, Performance, Scalability, and Stress testing
- Design, develop, maintain, and solve automated suites of tests to assess product quality and release readiness
- Work with the product architecture/design teams to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Work closely with software development engineers and will contribute new work to the Quality Plan and educate various software engineering teams on writing appropriate requirements and test plans. Participate in tool selection and/or construction
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is.
You've got so far! Let's meet and discuss this opportunity. Please apply here