HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com), on behalf of its client, an international company, is looking for candidates to fill the position of:
Senior Linux Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer for SkyConsult (https://www.skyconsult.com/).
The ideal candidate is a problem solver with work experience in enterprise or carrier infrastructure, well organized and team player. Candidate will have the opportunity to develop his/her consulting skills, business processes knowledge and technical expertise by being exposed to our client’s complex business environment (oil & gas).
- Act as a point of expertise, advise others in the team on best practice and share knowledge;
- Act as lead for complex problem diagnosis and resolution and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues;
- Good understanding of data privacy and security considerations;
- Perform Capacity forecasting and planning;
- Performance tuning and optimization and troubleshoot performance issues;
- Design and implement backup and recovery strategy;
- Ensure that system design complies with policies, standards, principles;
- Deliver quality project deliverables in engineering, support and/or consultation to other teams;
- Develop, display, and maintain metrics for performance or reporting purposes;
- Handle incidents and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues;
- Work closely with other teams on troubleshooting issues as well as planning requirements for new service;
- Automate administrative tasks using scripting languages;
- Work with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Project Management teams
- reate and implement change requests as needed;
- Structure, draft and review technical documentation, document technical requirements and processes for technical and non-technical audiences.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with different distributions of Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS) environments;
- Experience in virtualization technologies (specifically VMware), IT Security Compliance, system management/monitoring tools (NAGIOS), backup technologies (EMC Networker) are a plus;
- Experience in managing network services such as NTP, DNS, SMTP, NFS, HTTP/HTTPS, proxy servers;
- Experience providing support in medium to large scale infrastructure environments;
- Experience with automation tools is a plus;
- Experience in using ticketing systems;
- Familiarity with RAID disk technologies & SAN infrastructure;
- Familiarity with network infrastructure;
- IT Industry certifications are a plus (ITIL, RHCE, LPIC-2);
- Proficient in at least 1 programming/scripting language – bash, perl, python, ruby, etc.;
- Excellent systems architect and design skills represent a plus;
- Experience using virtualized environments public/private clouds (VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud);
- Troubleshooting skills:
- Understanding and employing general methods for troubleshooting;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting system start up issues;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting file system issues;
- Resolving package management issues;
- Troubleshooting and fixing network connectivity issues;
- Diagnosing application issues;
- Identifying and fixing authentication issues;
- Gathering information to aid third party investigation of issues.
- High Availability and clustering:
- Configuring a high-availability cluster, using either physical or virtual systems;
- Managing logical volumes in a clustered environment;
- Configuring a GFS file system to meet specified size, layout, and performance objectives;
- Configuring iSCSI initiators;
- Utilizing multipath devices;
- Configuring cluster logging;
- Configuring cluster monitoring.
- Configure intrusion detection;
- Configure encrypted storage;
- Restrict USB devices;
- Manage PAM authentication;
- Configure system auditing;
- Configure SELinux;
- Use OpenSCAP and other tools to audit security policy compliance.
- Fluent Romanian & Russian (spoken and written);
- English (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Remote position;
- Shifts 7:00-19:00 / 19:00-7:00 (36 / 48 hours per week);
- Attractive salary conditions plus bonuses;
- Private medical insurance;
- Professional trainings/certifications;
- Career opportunities;
- IT Park.
Candidații interesați rugăm să trimită CV-ul la adresa electronică: email@example.com