DevelopmentAid was founded in 2007 and is a leading information provider for the international development sector. We provide a business development platform and recruiting services for worldwide organisations, and offer professional career advice for individual consultants.
Our team consists of 200 innovative and passionate people: analysts, programmers, QA engineers, designers, marketeers, career advisors, recruiters, and business developers.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer interested in joining our professional in-house development team. You will be in charge of the development, documentation and maintenance of our core code base. Together with the team, you will speed up our back-end coding for our internal projects, such as DevelopmentAid.org and Tenderwell application.
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand the requirements for new features, assess complexity and come up with solutions
- Work across the back-end system architecture, in order to develop and support high quality and scalable new features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with software development team members and stakeholders within the organization
- Refactor legacy code and cover it and new functionality with unit tests
- Peer and code review
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in technology
- Proficiency in PHP and associated tools
- Strong background in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Understand and apply "Clean code" practices
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD programming styles
- MVC Web frameworks - Laravel or similar
- ORM libraries - Doctrine, Eloquent or similar
- Experience with handling and querying relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL).
- NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Git experience and associated workflows
- Understand RESTful web services principles
- Knowledge of the English language
- Hybrid workplace, with the possibility to combine work from the office and from home after completing the training in the office
- An experience-based competitive salary
- Regular revisions of the remuneration package
- Work in an international environment within a professional in-house team of engineers
- Full ownership of the development process, working with company’s owned, internal projects
- Training policy covering a wide variety of areas (sports, professional courses, upskilling, personal development, etc.)
- Attractive working work conditions with a cozy relaxation area, playroom, and a diverse library (including professional literature)
- Corporate and team building events, most currently online, as well as other social activities
Our company offers a wide range of vacancies and works on different internal projects to ensure the potential to migrate and develop in other roles.
If you are interested please send your CV in English, with the job title, to email@example.com
Please visit workwithus.developmentaid.org for more information.