Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Awarded Moldova’s Top Employer of the Year in 2019, the team collaborates with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About The Team:
The mission of our team is to help the company be data-driven. With our data platform, we now power reporting, personalization, analytics and other cross-functional integrations. Join us in improving and building new personalization features for each of our millions of fans. As a team:
- we love opensource, pair programming and TDD;
- encourage collaboration;
- value opinions;
- and foster continuous learning.
- Foundational Computer Science background;
- Comfortable with complex SQL queries and large datasets;
- 3+ years of experience in at least one programming language, preferably Python;
- Working knowledge of some public cloud, preferably AWS and conceptual familiarity of associated cloud resources (S3, EMR, Redshift, Athena etc.);
- Good knowledge of Data Engineering and Database technologies;
- Familiarity working with UNIX systems;
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
A day in the life of our Engineer:
- Pair programming experience;
- TDD experience;
- Open-source projects experience;
- 1+ years Statistics, Data Science, or ML background;
- Familiarity/experience in building recommender systems;
- Understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
- Assess our current Data Science and Machine Learning capabilities, define and drive the execution of a world-class multi-year roadmap that impacts both our top line and bottom line;
- Own and improve Crunchyroll's personalization algorithms and associated infrastructure;
- Collaborate with data engineers in building a cross-functional feature repository;
- Work closely with product and architect teams in designing, and implementing features that scale;
- Be passionate about learning.
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utility compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & others.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.About Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.Our Company Values
- You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.