Customer Service Agent, English-German (Fixed-Term, 6 months)
Who we are:
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to build experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status:
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the team:
The customer service team is the voice of the customer to the company and the voice of the company to the customer. We are fans supporting fans. Through email and chat, we build connections while solving problems for our subscribers. We work as a team, sharing solutions with each other to make our customers fall even deeper in love with the shows they watch.
A day in the life of our Customer Service Team:
- 1+ years of experience in administrative or customer service related experience is mandatory
- proficient in English and German
- availability to work on evening shift from 4 pm to midnight
- ability to manage large amounts of customer inquiries
- familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- desire to develop persuasion and perseverance qualities
- excellent ability to solve customer service issues and demonstrate a passion for delivering a positive Customer Experience
- ability to demonstrate technical skills by assisting customers with device, connectivity, video streaming and other common issues
- ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills, and an ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations ensuring accuracy and quality
- ability to execute – and help others execute – our policies and procedure
- ability to understand and use of Customer Service and Company systems and understanding and control of department functions and procedures
- ability to be a great team player by assisting your peers in a way that shows us you value collaboration and teamwork
Benefits and Perks:
- Respond to customer support requests for Crunchyroll products and services via email and chat
- Identify common member issues
- Support and enhance the member experience
- Being part of a fun, friendly and collaborative team
- Work closely with San Francisco and foreign language support agents
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
- Stay healthy - private health, dental and vision insurance
- Take time for you - accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule
- Refuel - catered meals, snacks & beverages*
- Find balance - on-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee assistance program
- Work hard, watch hard - free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Brothers Digital Library
- Level up - prepaid Udemy accounts, English classes, professional development courses & conferences
- Press play - game nights, anime nights, team outings & office celebrations
- That's not all - referral bonus, Crunchyroll Store discount & other
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.