Summary: Product owners are responsible for guiding the success of a product and leading the cross-functional team that is responsible for improving it. It is an important organizational role especially in technology that sets the strategy,
roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line. The position may also include marketing, forecasting, and profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities. This person will conduct market research; generate product requirements;
determine production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Who are we?
We’re Helium 10, the leading Software company for Amazon sellers. We move fast, really fast, so we need someone who can keep up. We’re experts at our craft (and if not, we become experts, fast!) and we hold each other to a high standard. Why? We’re shaping the future for Amazon sellers and our customers deserve the best. We make tough decisions own up to mistakes, and above all, find solutions to problems.
Who are you?
As a Product Owner at Helium 10, you will obsess over our users and help create innovative products and features that solve their problems. This will involve prioritizing initiatives, writing detailed specs, running agile ceremonies, and collaborating with your engineering partners to deliver high-quality end products. Finally, you will feel a sense of ownership over the product and a passion for developing compelling products targeting user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner.
● Provide direction to the agile development team and keep stakeholders up-to-date throughout sprints.
● Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of well-prepared and high-priority tickets.
● Work with product managers to create well-written requirements and ensure all assets are attached to stories prior to estimations.
● Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
● Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories and epics to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
● Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
● Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to user value,
business value, and/or ROI.
● Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
● Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint
● Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
Follow our competitors and the industry.
● 3+ years of experience in agile product owner or project management roles.
● Empathy towards the customers with the ability to understand their key problems and develop intuitive
solutions to these problems
● In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
● Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, regularly decomposing complex problems and
presenting them clearly to the team and executives
● Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web
● BS degree in Computer Science, Human Interaction Design, Marketing, Business or equivalent preferred
● Strong Work Ethic. Employees must understand and possess a willingness to work hard, be honest and have
● Must be self-motivated and able to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
What you will get
- Official employment and social package
- Hybride work model
- Flexible work schedules
- Modern equipment
- Tons of educational opportunities
- Public recognition platform
- Business trips to the headquarters in Los Angeles, USA