Our mission is to help people integrate technology into everyday life and to enable innovation through technology. We offer software development and infrastructure solutions, with advanced competencies in Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
All our offices (in Western Europe or nearshore, in CEE) are located within the boundaries of the European Union. We believe working in close cooperation with our clients and employees is the key to success; this means we offer people the best working environment in order to achieve the best results. We love entrepreneurial spirits and encourage people around us to be proactive and make the best decisions not only for business, but for their own personal development.
Our nearshore Romanian offices are in Bucharest (Victoriei Square) and Iasi (Soseaua Nationala) and, with over 5000 team members at the group level, we make sure we are always close to our customers.
Here are some things about the way we run things:
At Cegeka is all about working Agile, using SCRUM as well as XP practices, including Pair programming, Test
Automation, TDD and DDD, continuous integration, continuous and incremental delivery. You’ll be part of an
established and proven quality-oriented environment. What you will be working on:
What you will do:
- We are currently looking for Java Developers to join our Social Impact division.
- Our partner is one of Europe’s leading HR and payroll services providers, with custom-made solutions for clients ranging from Small/Medium Enterprises and Self-Employed people to Large Enterprises.
- You will work on building customizable software, touching all areas of activity: budgeting, planning, end-to-end administration, document management, salary/cost structure, payroll/performance, and absenteeism mapping, customer portal, and large database integrations.
- Another business line is dedicated to accountants and bookkeepers, with applications ready to cover thorough analyzes, calculations, direct lines to pay slips, tax certificates, social balance sheets as well as access to social-legal news, partner updates, and smart tools.
- Your first assignment will be on the wage calculation engine, which is responsible for determining the wage elements, calculation of social security contributions, tax contributions, and calculating the net wage.
- Furthermore, the wage calculation application is also responsible for sending fiscal, social declarations to governmental agencies.
• Design and develop new features in line with the functional requirements and architecture
• Follow team coding standards and best practices
• Focus on quality through test-driven development (TDD) and continuous learning
• Participate in learning and promoting events
It is great if you have some of these:
• Previous experience with Microservices, ideally deployed in a containerized environment
• Good knowledge of OO design and Design Patterns
• Good knowledge of Spring (Spring Boot, Spring JPA, Spring MVC, Spring Security)
• Good knowledge of SQL and Hibernate/JPA
• Good knowledge of REST/SOAP WS
• Experience with front-end development (Angular7+, TypeScript, Bootstrap, HTML5/CSS3) - advantage
• Working experience with Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Docker, Git) - advantage
• Extreme programming practices (DDD, pair programming, Continous Integration) - advantage
Once onboard we offer various programs and benefits:
- The flexible working environment within a dynamic team
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills training, according to the internal policies)
- Continuous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Crum/Kanban)
- Long term career development programs
- Private medical subscription
- Meal tickets
- Gym Subscription Offers - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
- Paid medical leave (according to internal policies)
- Support for special events from your life
- Online Team events during pandemics
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots.