Logistics & Fleet Management Coordinator
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Logistics & Fleet Management Coordinator.
Logistics & Fleet Management Coordinator provides technical oversight and ensures proper logistics management practices and procedures are in place and maintained according to WVI standards and protocols. Ensures proper functioning of warehousing, transportation, and management of logistics resources in fleet, equipment and facilities, and distribution.
The position will require strong humanitarian and logistics experience, safety, and security coordination skills. Logistics Coordinator ensures communication and coordination of work with stakeholders both within WVI and external partners.
- Identify warehouses/storage spaces based on needs in the area with a strategic view of flows & interconnections between locations & WVI offices.
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured such as rental trucks, air cargo etc.;
- Identify & mitigate delivery risks such as: transportation, legal authorizations, custom clearance, quality check etc.;
- Support efficient planning for deliveries to the project teams and contribute to maintain a regular information toward management about their stock levels & expected lead-times;
- Ensure that WVI stocks & delivery guidelines are applied in the area at all times and Office has proper movement tracking and stock management systems in place;
- Coordinate cross-border deliveries and ensure Goods are delivered to final destination.
- Ensure confirmation of deliveries are obtained and filed accordingly.
- Ensure a monthly stock report are provided for every project;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of stocks & deliveries documentation.
Fleet & transportation management Tasks
- Ensure vehicles allocations, purchase or rental are completed based on program needs in country.
- Ensure efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning of movements
- Ensure that WVI fleet management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: logbooks, registration & maintenance sheets etc.
- Review & implement an efficient maintenance strategy in country (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs): handle market surveys of maintenance facilities, genuine spare parts market, develop practical tools to anticipate vehicles availability etc.
- Ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in every vehicle in use and for any movement.
- Organize regular drivers training and refreshers (driving, security & safety, basic maintenance, crisis management, etc.);
- Maintain the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation.
- Ensure close monitoring of vehicle movement.
- Support coordination between the logistics team and Project Managers, Technical coordinators, procurement staff to facilitate effective, efficient and timely program implementation;
- Represent WVI with relevant logistics and communication networks.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations and other method as appropriate. Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement tasks.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain staff members understand Procurement and logistics Policies, Processes, and Systems
Training and Capacity Building
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain Staff and other WVI Departments on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
- Conduct Partners' / Sub-Grantees' capacity assessment and capacity building plans as per set framework / guidelines.
- Train the Partners / Sub-Grantees based on the approved capacity building plan, monitor progress. Coordinate with internal stakeholders in monitoring the progress and submit progress reports to the management.
Knowledge/qualification for the role
- At least 1-2 years of experience in logistics, supply chain management, or equivalent;
- Commitment and demonstrated skills to build national staff capacity in the areas of logistics management.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach.
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Have a University degree in Business Administration , Supply Chain Management or Finance , and any postgraduate qualification in Logistics and or in Project Management
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Advanced use of excel.
- Valid Driving license
- Prior knowledge and understanding of donors' rules and regulations applicable to Logistics and Procurement (USAID/BHA, ECHO, EC, DFID, etc.) is desired.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational/job/Chisinau-Moldova/Logistics---Fleet-Management-Coordinator---Moldova_R23676
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is September 3rd, 2023.
Note * September 2nd will be the last day available in the system to apply.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.