World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of WFP Team Leader.
To assist project Coordinator in effectively co-ordinate of cash implementation in the districts ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement.
The holder of the position should communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others. The holder of the position will be managing a group of people.
- Assist project coordinator and field monitors to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
- Ensure program compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
- Prepare monthly management reports, and as well as monthly narrative reports for the district according to set standards and formats.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities.
- Provide daily coordination with partner to ensure that inputs and technical quality of program activities are efficient and coordinated.
- Support Project Data coordinator in daily tasks.
- Regularly check the data and compare with other Sources.
- Liaise with project data coordinator with no-show cases beneficiaries, ascertaining the reasons.
- Follow up with beneficiaries excluded from the project who are deserving to ensure all complaints are tracked and reported.
- Prepare a daily report to be shared with project coordinator.
- Lead the daily casual workers in the district and ensure that they are following WV and Donor’s rules.
- Conducting daily and weekly meeting where the team will be engaged and sharing plan, reports, challenges and solutions.
- Ensure that the casual workers are meeting deadline when submitting their tasks.
- Working closely with the project coordinator and project manager to monitor the team and ensure mitigating any risk related to staff misbehavior.
- Supervise use of resources allocated to the district casual workers.
- Supervise all staff through appropriate systems and attend to their welfare issues.
- Coordination and collaboration
- Assist in coordination with other Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the district and ensure that food voucher project is targeted to the appropriate target population.
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Programs in Follow up with beneficiaries excluded from the project who are deserving the district to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor.
- Lead the communication with social workers for ensuring quality of works as planned and managing the expected risk and challenges in operation.
- Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure competency levels which allow staff to do their work accordingly.
- Work with the Project coordinator to supervise and provide training for all other WFP staff.
- Work closely with and provide ongoing support, mentoring and coaching to local social assistant in implementation of project activities.
- Orient and train staff with regards to Protection, Cash activities when required.
Represent the NO in food assistance/ Security, coordination forums as advised by NO management Perform any other duties as required by the Project Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum one year experience in Emergency Response in Food Assistance Program Management.
- Proven planning, teamwork and managerial experience and skills.
- At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations. Experience in Community Mobilization activities.
- Work experience with budget management and procurement procedures.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration or any other related qualification.
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Fluent in English, Romanian & Russian preferred (speaking and writing).
- Effective in written and oral communication in English and Romanian Computer aptitude and experience with word processors.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a challenging situation Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, specifically those that relate to distributions, handling, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies. Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- The ability to produce clear and well-organized documents.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- 50% of the time local travel.
- English, Romanian and Russian
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational/job/Chisinau-Moldova/WFP-Team-Leader_R23686
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is September 6th, 2023.
Note * September 5th will be the last available day in the system to apply.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.