World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Communications Coordinator.
The UCR Communications Officer will be responsible for creating a variety of communications content for World Vision’s Ukraine Crisis Response (UCR) based in Chisinau, Moldova. The officer will also support the Communications Director in achieving the targets and priorities identified in the strategy to ensure the successful delivery of World Vision’s Promise through UCR.
Experience in creating digital content, supporting communications campaigns, strong writing and analytical skills are essential qualities for this role with familiarity on best practices of widely used social media platforms.
A bachelor's degree in a field such as communications or journalism is preferred but not required. A related field to support the performance of the job will be considered.
- Work within the guidance of the UCR Communications Strategy for 2023-2024; support and contribute to the review and regular updating of the strategy;
- Conduct interviews, write and produce weekly communications content such as stories, photo features and take video footage (as needed) on the various activities of the project;
- Lead preparations for external and internal visits making sure to highlight opportunities and accomplishments, and explore potential risks to alert the SLT through the Comms Director;
- In coordination with the project lead and team, travel regularly to the project for resource gathering to provide compelling resources for Partnership’s public engagement needs;
- Participate in project activities, meetings and other community events to be able to monitor developments that will be interesting to donors and partners;
- Support in UCR social media campaigns and various World Vision global events linking the project for visibility and advocacy;
- Support the project team in capacity building of communications skills to help improve report writing and building relations with communities and partners;
- Guided by the Communications Director, support in building and enhancing media relations that will help boost World Vision’s reputation with various partners, donors and the local population;
- Other communications-related work as assigned.
Knowledge/qualifications for the role
- Required Professional Experience: At least one to two years professional experience working in communications or marketing related job.
- Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification: Diploma or bachelor’s degree in journalism, Broadcast Communications, Marketing or any related profession.
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications: Writing, editing, photography, networking and social media;
- Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement: 70 % travel locally.
- Physical Requirements: Physically healthy to work in a risk environment.
- Language Requirements: Can speak and write in English.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at:
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is September 7th, 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.