Insomniac Design angajeaza:
Software Development Manager
Insomniac Design is a global digital agency headquartered in Washington D.C., with offices in London, Bucharest and Chisinau. We’re an agile, determined and innovative team organized by functional areas of expertise — Creative, Technology, Strategy, and Management. We specialize in human-centered design with deep focus on design thinking and digital transformation.
A Software Development Manager at Insomniac Design is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, process, and technology required to deliver customer projects. They are responsible for ensuring that the software is developed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
While you don’t need to have every skill on our list, you should be proficient in multiple languages and development paradigms, as well as being familiar with various frameworks. More importantly, you should be curious about new technologies and constantly learning new skills, libraries, and frameworks in order to grow your capabilities and share knowledge with the team.
- Expected to contribute to the success of the department by providing leadership and guidance.
- Successfully solves difficult problems, recognized as a leader in more than one area. Recognized as a subject matter expert in areas specific to their discipline/team.
- Able to identify and address previously acknowledged problems, offering innovative solutions and influencing organizational strategy.
- Designs and leads implementation of product, process, automation and/or streamlines work using industry best practices or incremental ideas, resulting in systemic improvements and/or increased engagement.
- Designs new business processes that have a positive impact on customers and drives organizational growth.
- Mentors junior and mid-level team members, actively participates in the hiring process, advocates for business improvements, and contributes to the performance management process, providing valuable insights.
- Lead a team in the design, development, testing, and delivery of Web applications for customer projects.
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure the team has accurate and clear requirements.
- Partner with project management to maintain accurate project status reporting and promptly escalate issues.
- Architect solutions for projects and establish roadmaps.
- Create, manage and successfully execute project plans within a dynamic, high-paced engineering environment.
- Engage with our internal and external customers to comprehend requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
- Oversee the technical documentation of project requirements, developer processes, and end-user documentation.
- Drive continuous improvements in software engineering practices.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor Software Development Engineers at varying experience levels.
Skills & Experience
- More then 7 years of experience working directly within engineering teams focused on web development applications.
- Proven experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM) as a development manager.
- Proficiency in using Jira for Agile project management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the software development life-cycle and a successful track record of delivering software on time.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while navigating ambiguity.
- A genuine passion for people management and mentorship.
- Proficient in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
Advantages of being with us:
- Hybrid work flexibility for optimal work-life balance;
- Cozy office in the city center, surrounded by vibrant urban life;
- Exclusive private parking for stress-free arrivals and departures;
- Official employment under IT Park regulations;
- Well-stocked office with delicious fruits, snacks, and treats;
- Catered lunches on Fridays for delightful end-of-week celebrations;
- Dedicated budget for professional growth and development;
- Rewarding annual bonus for your hard work and contributions;
- Team-building events to strengthen collaboration and synergy;
- Special occasion gifts to make you feel valued.