Who we are and what we do
Shaw and Partners is a software development provider for high-profile startups with approximately 25 remote staff. We are also incubating two startups. Christopher Shaw, the founder and CEO, would be your manager.
Working at Shaw and Partners
Our clients have funded U.S. startups in LA and NY, so depending on your location you may need to participate in a late call, but you can set your own schedule.
We’re all here to serve each other. Each team is held in high regard, resulting in camaraderie and support. We also enjoy the freedom to test new technologies using POCs at appropriate intervals. This requires a balanced healthy mindset, supported from the top.
We are looking for a versatile and detail-oriented Systems Administrator with experience in managing server, desktop, and mobile infrastructure with an emphasis on network systems, security, and 3rd party support in a range of IT environments.
- Fully remote work / geographically distributed team
- Flexible schedule (respond promptly, attend meetings, meet deadlines)
- Competitive Salary (inquire for more details)
- Part-time position
- Contract with a bonus equal to 22 working days
- Provide Level II and III technical support to end-users
- Advance technical support and diagnoses of server/desktop hardware and software problems including Group Policies
- Achieve 100% GDPR and SOC2 audit compliance
- English (Fluency in reading and writing, spoken can be intermediate)
- At least 2 years experience as IT/Systems Administrator
- Technical skills:
- Remote management
- Malware resolution
- Network configuration (Routers / Switches DHCP.TCP/IP, DNS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Systems Management, or related field