With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Title: People and Culture (Human Resources) Coordinator
Recruitment & Selection (Workforce Planning & Reports)
Partner with all line managers for full support in national/international recruitment and manpower planning for the assigned countries, including monthly vacancies reports.
- Develop the Staffing plan for UCR Moldova with the Operations Director/Country Response Director Receive personnel requests to recruit from the Hiring Managers, ensure there is a job description for each request is approved as per staffing plan.
- Liaise with all concerned i.e. P&C Director, line managers and other local authorities on recruitment / other related issues for external candidates.
- Advise Hiring Managers on employment procedures & processes.
- Ensure Hiring Managers and staffs comply with WV policies and procedures
- Ensure all Recruitment Steps followed through the Workday system and CVs are received through the system.
- Use as much as possible local Job portals to advertise the positions with the link provided from the Workday system.
- Participate in shortlists with the help of the Hiring Manager.
- Schedule interviews, invite interviewees and inform panelists well in time.
- Attend all interviews and produce standard minutes for a job interview. Ensure that all the necessary steps are taken to facilitate recruitment of competent and diverse staff for the response.
Contract Management & maintaining documentation for People & Culture Audit
- Management of Staff contracts (new, renewal, modification, transfer or ending),
- Partner with all Line managers for re new/ending contract, renewals, transfer or has an amendments, ensuring prior approval is obtained for the concerned.
- Ensuring that files of all existing staff contain current contracts and that the salary indicated in the staff files tallies with the approved salary grades as well as what is indicated in the payroll.
- Documenting any amendment in staff contract such as transfer to another department or change in grade &/or salary and ensuring that all process are approved kept in staff file.
- Inform sector managers in writing, two months in advance of contracts coming to an end
- Have the termination list ready at the end of any project, prior to release any staff should seek internal fit as required provided staff is a good performer to avoid long recruitment time.
- Keep track of the renewals (period) that it should not go in non-ended employment mode as per the country labor law.
Employee Relations And P&C Policy Applications
Employee/ Govt. Relations
- Attend to staff queries and provide policy guidance for P&C policies to all staff.
- Take a keen interest in the personal affairs of staff at work and be the contact person to provide updates to P&C on issues needing urgent attention.
- Enforce the organization’s code of conduct and disciplinary procedures.
- Any Integrity or Harassment issue is taken up to P & C Director and if it is registered with IIM, help the investigation team for needed support.
- Represent the P&CD and management in external industrial relations engagements.
- Like attending to court cases etc.
- Work with the appointed legal advisor in handling disputes and litigation against the organization.
- Ensure staff well-being in terms of office space, equipment, medical insurance, leaves and work-life balance is maintained at all times
- Compile without fail a monthly Update on Staff Welfare- Situational Report for cases of non-work attendance.
Compensation & Benefits/Payroll/LDR Supporting Role With UCR Finance
- Support & coordinate with P&C Director (P&CD) in implementation of all C&B activities in local State.
- Ensuring that all job descriptions are properly graded in accordance with the Hay Grading system.
- Responsible for provision of filed Payroll data updates for processing to the Finance and Benefits Analysts’.
- Ensure that Payroll data process is completed to ensure payment of staff salaries on time.
- Review the production of Payroll Input Reports to ensure accuracy and clarity of updates.
- Reviewing payroll schedules before approval by Management.
Establish and implement staff well-being and engagement mechanisms
- Ensure Staff are aware on Staff Care initiatives.
- Facilitate managers to include R&R, compensation time and vacation into staff work plans
- Staff care info posters are placed at the prominent places
- Establish and communicate critical incident management processes ensuring that P&C staff are trained and participate in the crisis management team where appropriate
- Implement and/or support appropriate team building activities as context allows
- Establish and promote open and transparent communication channels and mechanisms for staff feedback to facilitate staff engagement lessons learned
Implement performance management system and processes Coordinate with managers to ensure that seconded or deployed staff complete an end of deployment appraisal and long term International Assignee’s/National Hires complete the PMS process.
- Plan, implement, support and monitor a performance management system which ensures that staff have performance plans inclusive of KPIs for learning
- Provide guidance and support to employees and managers in addressing unsatisfactory performance
Daily Tasks, Office Communication & engaging in HR Network
- Ensure daily tasks are carried effectively and efficiently,
- Complete Office Communications, management in terms of correspondences and any other related tasks
- Participate in the HR Cluster meeting
- Best practices are brought in from this platform
P&C Staff Capacity Building, monitoring their day to day work and any other work assigned by the People & Culture Director
- Responsible for P&C staff reporting for capacity building in respective staff and self-development in area for growth.
- Day to day monitoring of People & Culture Officers reporting
- Completion of any work assigned by the P & C Director
KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required professional experience
- Strong interpersonal skills as positions provides strategic partnering consultancy and guidance to business unit leaders, managers, supervisors and employees in various human resource functions including employee and labor relations, HR policies and total rewards, performance management and talent management.
- Conflict management, problem solving, self-management (work life balance) during responses
- University Degree in Human Resources or relevant discipline
- 5 years of experience in emergency response/development sector in human resources & administration preferred or experienced working with corporate sector with core HR background
- Certified Peer supporter and CISM trained
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Leadership skills and ability, strategic orientation
- Strong understanding of emergency response
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
- Able to work in a hard conditions
- Experience developing staff by assessing development needs, coaching and mentoring staff, and identifying, developing, and delivering training.
- Ability to lead a geographically dispersed team
- English and local language
Note: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20 % of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only