HELVETAS is the largest Swiss NGO with a dual mandate for long term development and humanitarian response. It has been present in Moldova since 2018 implementing projects in the field of market systems development in the field of agriculture.
Following the crisis in Ukraine, HELVETAS initiated emergency assistance for Moldovan families hosting refugees from Ukraine. We are currently reinforcing our operational presence to build up a comprehensive response to the current crisis, in close collaboration with Alliance 2015 partners.
Contract: Local (full-time - 8 working hours, 5 days per week)
Starting date: November, 2022
Duration: 4-5 months, renewable (upon donor’s approval)
Duty Station: Causeni, Stefan Voda, Cimislia, Leova (the office is based in Chisinau, living in that districts)
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager the successful candidate will function as the general point of contact for all matters pertinent to Helvetas interventions in the assigned site(s). Staff members in field-based positions might be required to be mobile within the assigned area when immediate project needs arise. This position is based in Causeni, Stefan Voda, Cimislia, Leova with frequent travels to sites in proximity.
- Previous experience in coordination with local authorities
- Experience in community mobilization and data collection
- Experience in teams’ supervision and leadership
Skills & Qualifications:
- Power Point
- Work with State Officials
- Planning o Team management
- Education Knowledge in projects implementation and programme quality assurance
- Effective communication skills
- Native Romanian speaker
- English and Russian are an asset
- Ability to multitask Positive attitude
- Community mobilization
- Reporting capacity organized and rigorous
- Learning capacity
- Ability to work in a team
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Programming & Operations Identification of target households and communal/social institutions such as schools, hospitals, kindergartens, orphans, etc via Key Informant Interviews (KII), Focus Group Discussion (FGD), etc.;
- Cross check and validate the list of potential beneficiaries in coordination with the Community Committees;
- Ensure efficient and effective programme implementation while following the work plan;
- Develop and maintain good relationship with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of HELVETAS activities;
- Lead the dissemination activities about the project;
- Informing and documenting the anomalies and the challenges carried out in the cash based programming;
- Participate in monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals for donors;
- Participate in programme quality monitoring and evaluation exercises.
- Team management & Leadership Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development);
- Develop work plans for the team members considering assigned tasks by the Coordination;
- Ensure timely submission of the time sheets and other documents respecting HR procedures;
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics movements of staff from and to different operational areas;
- Initiate procurements and unsure their execution in coordination with the Cash Manager;
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the HELVETAS activities;
- Ensure daily monitoring of area;
- Asses the daily quality;
- Provide technical support, guidance, and inputs to the team;
- Contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the supervised team.
- Data collection and reporting Data collection and recoding regarding the project indicators and the potential beneficiaries;
- Report over day the problems to the Cash Manager and Emergency - Programme Coordinator;
- Report daily activities, incidents and achievements;
- Report the use of materials and possible improvements;
- Support in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of any activity relevant for the projects;
- Be involved in any evaluation on filed survey implemented by HELVETAS;
- Maintain an accurate reporting and data management of the activities.
The willing candidates must submit their CV in English to the following email: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.