People in Need Moldova needed:
MEAL Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about the PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programs to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the canter of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of the following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, and Good Governance.
Under overall supervision of the Head of MEAL, the MEAL Officer is in charge, designs, implements and keeps close track of the MEAL system under the dedicated project and/or sectoral programming for which acts as MEAL Focal Point. MEAL Officer supports corrective action where needed, and assist in collecting and documenting lessons learnt. S/he is responsible for implementing the MEAL related activities and preparing high-quality deliverables, including MEAL analytical reports; and is responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. Besides s/he is responsible in receiving and processing feedbacks and complain from beneficiaries and other target groups.
Duties & Responsibilities
- MEAL Officer as a MEAL Focal Point for designated project(s) is responsible for planning and coordinating implementation of regular MEAL related activities as required to be performed within the designated project(s). Moreover, MEAL Officer updates and coordinates data collection exercises, as per designed project; and contributes to the project ITT.
- Ensures preparation of MEAL related reports, including field report, baseline, PIM/PDM, endline, evaluation reports, analyses monitoring information and findings and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting and ensures that they are shared with relevant project managers (PMs) and project’s team;
- Performs and organizes field-monitoring visits to assess progress of the project implementation using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies, including surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, etc. Travels frequently to the field to interact with beneficiaries and other stakeholders and to monitor implementation of the activities.
- MEAL Officer supports and mainstreams learning efforts at PIN Country Programme in Moldova: identify key learning areas for ongoing and new projects, mainstreams learning aspects in existing MEAL frameworks and studies, analyses and reporting and learning-related events, contributes to reflection workshops to ensure adaptation and integration of the findings in the current and future projects. MEAL Officer contributes to lessons-learnt on programmatic level.
- MEAL Officer provides support to Head of MEAL in analysing existing tools and procedures and developing new tools for MEAL related activities as requested. As well as critically reflects the tools, methods and data collection practice in everyday work in the field in order to improve the existing methodologies.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in social studies (e.g. sociology, statistics)/related fields or track record of relevant experience, including research experience and skills: designing a research, designing data collection tools, coordinating a research, and doing the actual data collection
- Analytical skills, experience and ability in analysing and presenting data, but also reflective thinking, and being able to understand the stories behind the data.
- Report writing skills, being able to explain the insights, document field observations and information obtained through quantitative and qualitative methods and provide feedback to programme/project teams through clear reporting.
- Technology and software related skills, ability to utilize computer packages and applications in data collection, data analysis, storage and dissemination.
- Availability, including ability to undertake regular field visits all over Moldova,
- Experience in M&E activities is an advantage (designing and carrying out M&E studies, baseline, endline, PDM and evaluations).
- Experience in the NGO/INGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency programs is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Romanian. Good command of Russian is an advantage.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary, each half year revised based on appraisal performance;
- 28 days annual leave + 6 additional days for medical care;
- Friendly work environment; Multinational team;
- Investments in your professional development.
Interested applicants must submit their CVs to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/5457DAD090/apply/
Deadline for application: November 08th 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone call inquiries are allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.