C1 Transportation Inc hiring:
Job Description: Brokerage Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Position Goal: Record, maintain, organize the payables, collections, and revenue numbers for the Brokerage company. This position provides an opportunity for a candidate to grow and oversee the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department as the company grows.
1. Customer Support
- Monitor, forward or respond to emails regarding Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR). This includes following up with customers and carriers on payments and/or past due invoices.
- Assist and communicate with Carriers regarding questions on invoice payment statuses, short payments, etc. and obtaining necessary information as needed from Controller
2. Maintain Information in Transportation Management Software (TMS)
- Billing—Accounts Receivable
- Regularly complete the billing process to ensure timely billing
- Review all exceptions reports for loads not ready to be billed and coordinate with operations on updating them
- Check if BOL is uploaded and the quality meets the customer’s standards
- Review if all the documents have been uploaded in TMS System and all Customers have a payable contact
- Monitor and update if needed customers’ information
- Review all completed loads that are marked ‘Ready to Bill’ by operations
- Add customers in Imaging and set the correct profiles for billing processing
- Coordinate with operations on customers’ claims and update TMS with progress and other notes
- Carrier Pay—Accounts Payable
- Review, update and add Carrier methods of payments: factoring, check or direct deposit and update in TMS system
- Create, track and update at needed basis Factoring companies’ information such as address, method of payment etc.
- Upload Carrier invoices in TMS and track receiving dates for payment reports
- Review, update, and add in TMS system to ensure Carriers have the correct payee details and documents uploaded
- Complete Settlements processing and forward reports to Controller for timely and accurate payments
- Monitor Quick Pay Program Requests and update the accounts payable department.
- Coordinate with operations on Carriers’ claims and update TMS with related notes
- Internal Reporting
- Maintain the Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Year-to-Date amounts for load counts, gross revenue, net margin.
- Maintain, analyze, and create reports for Brokerage numbers on a by Customer or by Carrier basis.
- Assist Controller in maintaining QuickBooks Online reporting by categorizing bank/credit card transactions. This also includes assisting in bank and credit card reconciliations.
- English level at B2 or higher.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets is a must.
- Solid communication skills with proficiency in speaking and writing
- Accurate and organized with the ability to multitask.
- Reconciliation skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting and spending extended hours in front of a computer screen
Education and Experience:
- Effective written and oral communications skills in English
- Prior experience in working a cash register or bank account
- Experience working in an office setting
- Above Average skills in Microsoft Excel and 10-key
- QuickBooks Online experience is a plus
- Enthusiasm for numbers