Contract type: Full time (Paid)
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 6 months (with possibility to extend)
This position is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience working with a professional humanitarian aid organization with 20 years of experience in emergency and trauma. In addition, this is a chance to be part of a leading team of professionals who will support and provide immediate and long-term assistance to the Ukrainian citizens currently crossing the border to Moldova.
IsraAID, founded in 2001, is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to providing life-saving disaster relief and long-term support. For over a decade, our teams of professional medics, search & rescue squads, post-trauma experts, and community mobilizers have been first on the front lines of nearly every major humanitarian response in the 21st century. Our mission is to efficiently support and meet the changing needs of populations as they strive to move from crisis to reconstruction/rehabilitation and, eventually, to sustainable living.
The Psycho-Social Support Coordinator will work under the supervision and report to the Head of Mission in Moldova, in close collaboration and guidance from the Protection Unit at the HQ, to address the psychosocial needs of Ukrainian children and youth who are temporary in Moldova, and those who are settling in Moldova. Furthermore, the Psycho-Social Support Coordinator will represent IsraAID and participate in all protection coordination forums and task forces at the national level.
1. Develop and use appropriate MEAL tools.
- Conduct protection needs assessment and stakeholder analysis as per program requirements.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures are followed for each program.
- Develop MEAL strategy, methodologies, and relevant tools to measure the program's impact.
- Identify Lessons Learned for the program and successfully communicate them in various mediums.
- Ensure a proper risk assessment and mitigation strategy is developed for each program, project, and activity and is constantly monitored.
1. Coordination with different stakeholders and organizations
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with stakeholders and partners.
- Identify local partners and support the development of MOUs.
- Participate in coordination/cluster meetings with global and national partners and organizations.
- Work with project stakeholders and beneficiaries to coordinate, plan and implement Protection programs.
1. Protection program management and implementation:
- Design the Protection in emergency intervention using a log frame.
- Work with identified partners to implement Protection programs according to assessment conclusions and in line with organizational requirements.
- Adhere to the implementation timeline for program activities.
- Coordinate with the Head of Mission and Head of Programmes in mitigating challenges that arise during the training and supervision of protection activities.
- In coordination with the Head of Programmes, maintain regular communication with IsraAID HQ Protection in Emergency Coordinator.
- Write and submit reports/updates regarding programs and activities according to organizational requirements.
- Design and implement an exit strategy and handover documentation according to program requirements.
1. Training and Capacity building
- Support the training and provision of technical supervision to local staff and partners in Protection and PSS (psycho-social support) principles.
- Develop content and materials in accordance with Protection program needs
1. HR Management
- Support the recruitment of Protection Field Team staff.
- Provide leadership support to Protection field staff and promote best practices in human resources management in all of the protection programs.
- Maintain regular communication with HoM and HoP for cohesive and strategic implementation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Expressive therapy or Psychology.
- At least 3 years of proven experience working in humanitarian/development settings in Protection and/or psycho-social support programming.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Protection and/or PSS programs.
- Proven training and/or group facilitation experience.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience working with refugees - Advantage
- Previous experience in CP (Child Protection) - Advantage.
- Displays cultural, geographical, gender, religion, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adapts the level of language and/or complexity of content to the audience.
- Understands and masters quickly the context and the environment of work.
- Effectively manages own work related to multiple tasks or activities and can independently prioritize amongst tasks.
- Ensures respectful, professional, and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Adapts well to a changing environment and demonstrates flexibility.
- Capacity, willingness, and skills in teamwork.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Required: Professionally fluent in English and Russian (both oral and written)
- Advantage: Professionally Romanian or Ukrainian