HELVETAS is the largest Swiss nongovernmental organization with a dual mandate for long term development and humanitarian response. It has been present in Moldova since 2018 implementing projects in the field of market systems development in the field of agriculture. It has a country office located in Chisinau.
Following the crisis in Ukraine, HELVETAS initiated emergency assistance for refugees at border points and reception centres. We are currently reinforcing our operational presence to build up a comprehensive response to the current crisis, in close collaboration with Alliance 2015 partners.
Organisational unit: Humanitarian Response
Staff category: National staff
Location: Chisinau, with occasional travel in the country
Line Manager: Head of Finance and Administration
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The position holder works under the direction of the Head of Finance and Administration. He/she is responsible for managing all aspect of the employment process, including recruiting, onboarding new staff members, assist with payroll management, and ensure that HR & admin processes are in place and adhered to local legislation, donor rules and regulations and Helvetas policies and procedures.
1. Human Resources
- Prepare local staff contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions;
- Prepare, gather and file supporting documents related to each local staff contract;
- Keep an organization chart up to date;
- Keep track of the days off and sick days of the national staff;
- Follow the performance evaluation/appraisals deadlines and inform the managers accordingly; file the completed appraisal forms;
- Responsible for maintaining personnel files for all staff – including recruitment documents, CVs, valid contracts, timesheets, employee data sheets, disciplinary papers and performance evaluations;
- Ensure confidentiality of all HR datas;
- Ensure internal orders are issued when needed;
- Provide advice and recommendations to Head of Finance and Administration on disciplinary actions;
- Initiate and assist the Head of Finance and Administration in organizing the HR training by identifying the training opportunities for the staff;
- Assist the Head of Finance and Administration in creating new HR/Administration tools and forms;
- Manage the housekeeping staff.
Recruitment and onboarding
- Ensure that the National Personnel Regulations (NPR) of HSIM and Human Resource Policy is implemented and respected;
- Ensure that all the recruitement document (selection grid, comparative table, technical tests) are available in all the files;
- Assist the Head of Finance and Administration in the recruitments and help holding interviews when needed;
- Keep updated the HSIM ER open vacancy follow up sheet;
- File and archive the resume received for each department;
- Maintain a database of resumes for potential profiles to recruit;
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
Payroll and effort reporting
- Provide necessary information to finance staff for preparation of monthly staff salary (consolidated timesheets, sick leaves, annual leaves, maternity leaves etc);
- Prepare a salary database and keep it updated with all necessary information related to national staff (names, date of birth, marital status, salary, contract start and end date, etc.);
- Ensure timesheets are prepared by each staff member, signed by supervisors and properly archived;
- Follow up service contractor daily attendance with line managers and ensure they prepare and submit timesheets properly and on time;
- Consolidate monthly timesheets for all permanent and temporary staff of HSIM ER, provide to finance staff for payroll preparation;
- Issue pay slips with support of the finance staff and provide to permanent national staff;
2. Administrative and legal
- Support and advice Expatriates with obtaining of Temporary Residency in Moldova;
- Ensure new Expatriates have the list of necessary documents and understand all steps related to registration in Moldova;
- Keep updated on local legislation related to administrative and HR issues;
- Follow/update any other legal documents related to the HSIM ER;
3. Reporting and Communication
- Support the Head of Finance and Administration in the relations with administrative and public authorities;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annually HR/Admin reports to local agencies;
- Support the communication with the lawyer;
- Other duties assigned by line manager.
- A degree in a relevant field
- Several years of applied experience woking in the field of Human Resources administration
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written English and Romanian skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in pressurised working environments
Due to the urgency recruitment will be done on a rolling basis, thus the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply. We reserve the right to choose the most suitable candidate.
The willing candidates must submit their CV in English to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Dilovar.Bozorov@helvetas.org
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. References will be checked.