Silverbird is a UK-based fintech providing cross-border banking, payments and business accounts for international trade.
Addressing over six million SMEs globally, with a $500B market opportunity in payments & FOREX alone, Silverbird is on a mission to eliminate the hurdles in international payments and liberate cross-border merchants worldwide. We believe exporters deserve an equal right to participate in the global economy, no matter the size or location of their business. By 2024, we aim to empower 3,000 customers with a cross-border payments account.
Founded in 2020, Silverbird launched its MVP in September 2021 following an oversubscribed seed raise of >$7M from notable investors like Stride Capital (UK), FJ Labs (US), All Iron Ventures (Spain), FEBE Ventures (Vietnam), MOC (Poland), and others. The founder, Maxim Faldin – a Stanford MBA graduate, is a serial entrepreneur with a 15-year track record of building and scaling e-commerce businesses.
The successful candidate will support the growing Silverbird strategic growth plans and the continued focus on existing and emerging AML risks across the Silverbird product range.
We are looking for experienced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigators who love fighting financial crime and learning new skills to join our team, and help Silverbird make money work for everyone.
- Completing documented initial and ongoing customer due diligence reviews in line with legal requirements, internal policies and procedures.
- Supporting strategic cross-border projects on AML/CFT matters.
- Maintaining and promoting a sound and compliant AML/CFT culture.
- Keep informed of and apply any changes to processes, procedures and regulatory change.
- Rectify deficiencies identified by Group Audit, Risk, Compliance, Regulators, or self-assessment.
- Research and resolve issues while working across teams to acquire information.
- Assist AML team with managing risks by analyzing the root cause of issues and impact to business.
- Experience in Know Your Customer (KYC) / Financial Crime / Anti Money Laundering (AML) area, preferably in a financial institution, is an advantage
- You are comfortable with problem solving and analytical thinking, and quick learner with the ability to adapt to changes with optimism
- 1-3 years of experience in AML / compliance monitoring / Regulatory Reporting
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- The ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced, and demanding environment
What's in it for you:
- A secure job in a successful, internationally active company
- International environment with a multi-cultural team
- 28 vacation days and 10 sick days per year with 100% payment
- Career and professional growth
- Competitive salary
- Free English classes by SkyEng
- Mental health support by Oliva
If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you!