Team Leader – HELVETAS, Moldova
Job title: Team Leader
Contract type: Local (full-time)
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: until June 30, 2024
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
GENERAL CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND:
HELVETAS is the largest Swiss nongovernmental organization with a dual mandate for long term development and humanitarian response. It has been present in Moldova since 2018 implementing projects in the field of market systems development in the field of agriculture.
In the coming months, HELVETAS plans to implement the project aiming at advanced socioeconomic integration of Ukrainian refugees and vulnerable Moldovans to increase independence from humanitarian assistance while promoting resilience and self-reliance for vulnerable populations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Team Leader leads, monitors and supervises all program staff implementing the SDC funded project “Achieving Resilience through Employment, Skills Development and Social Cohesion Opportunities in Moldova” - project implemented by the Swiss organizations HELVETAS and HEKS/EPER. Team Leader monitors the execution of project activities, liaises with government officials and other humanitarian actors, and reports to the project steering committee to ensure that project objectives and outcomes are achieved successfully. Team Leader develops and coordinates the planning of project activities and budget, delegates duties and tasks to each team member. Team Leader supervises the execution of tasks and implementation flows and represents the project implementation unit and project with partners, donors, public institutions, stakeholders, and private actors.
Objective 1: Strategy and Representation
- Provides management of the overall project and assure the successful accomplishment of the outcomes.
- Develops implementation strategy for all phases of the project and maps critical actions to achieve objectives.
- Establishes the coordination & follow up mechanism with the National Employment Agency.
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the project to make sure that activities are implemented as per the strategy and intended outcomes and suggest mitigation measures and modifications as required.
- Develops a network of partners, donors, public institutions, stakeholders, and private actors involved in the project implementation and/or playing the key role in the strategical outcomes achievement.
- Coordinates with Partnership Manager and other relevant team members to develop partnerships with local actors, iNGOs, and development institutions.
- Represents the project with stakeholders, state officials and institutions, local and international NGOs, public entities, private sector, and other relevant actors that are involved or related to the project.
- Represents HELVETAS with project partners, donors, and other external stakeholders such as Moldovan civil society organizations, United Nations Offices, and government officials.
- Represent project in relationship with Donors.
- Provides regular programmatic reports to members of the steering committee as required
Objective 2: Programming & Operations
- In cooperation with the project staff, plans and monitors the activities progress, in compliance with the contractual requirements from the donor and HELVETAS’ procedures.
- In collaboration with Deputy Team Leader, program manager, and Finance and Budgeting, plans and monitors all expenditures related to project. In cooperation with the Finance Budgeting officer and Logistics & Procurement Officer coordinates the Procurement Plans and ensures the organization`s and donor`s procedures are respected when purchasing goods and services.
- In coordination with M&E Officer, and in compliance with the HELVETAS and Donor`s requirements, coordinates MEAL and Reporting Plan revision and regular updates in collaboration with MEAL Department to ensure that indicators are achieved, tracked and reported.
- Coordinates procurements and monitors their execution in coordination with Logistics and assigned staff.
- Coordinates and monitors, in cooperation with the Logistics & Procurement Officer, proper management and inventory, of all goods purchased within the project.
- Coordinates and monitors the quality of services and trainings as part of the outputs.
- Monitors and reports anomalies and the challenges identified during implementation and evaluates their impact on outputs and outcomes.
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual meetings/reports and proposals for donors.
- Participates in programme quality monitoring and evaluation exercises.
- Coordinates with the Emergency Response Representative for the technical design and implementation of activities
Objective 3: Team management & Leadership
- Leads and manages a project team of up to 12 people hired by HELVETAS and its partner organization, HEKS / EPER. Staff management responsibilities include staff planning, performance evaluation, mentoring, as well as s employee well-being and development).
- Leads the dissemination of project activities among relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures cohesion and strong collaboration between teams.
- Develops workplans for team members considering tasks assigned by the Emergency Program Coordinator.
- Delegates and coordinates tasks to staff ensuring a balanced capitalizing on the staff’s skills, experience, and capacities.
- Approves timesheets and other documents related to and respecting HR procedures.
- Coordinates proactively staff movements to and from different operational areas.
- Ensures effective planning and quality implementation of project activities.
- Ensures daily monitoring of implementation areas.
- Assesses the daily quality of the project implementation.
- Provides technical support, guidance, and inputs to the team.
- Contributes to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of project staff
Objective 4: Data collection and reporting
- Coordinates data collection and recoding regarding the project indicators and the potential beneficiaries.
- Reports to the Emergency Programme Coordinator and/or Emergency Response Representative regarding challenges and obstacles that may impact the overall implementation of project activities.
- Reports daily activities, incidents and achievements.
- Approves the use of materials and possible improvements.
- Supports in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of any activity relevant for the projects.
- Coordinates and monitors the writing of the reports as per donor’s requirements.
- Maintains an accurate reporting and data management of the activities
Objective 5: Security
- Evaluate the risks related to project implementation and take designs mitigation measures.
- Respects the security rules specified in the mission and the base security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicates to the management about any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 6: Support all HELVETAS activities
- Supports any activity that helps achieving HELVETAS programme’s outcomes as per the employee`s capacities.
- Participate in new assessments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Postgraduate or Master’s degree in international relations, Social Sciences, project management and development relevant field.
- Good skills and experience in all aspects of programme cycle management - design and development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Professional know-how and proven experience in working with a human rights-based working approach (working with vulnerable groups, leave no one behind), social inclusion, social cohesion, resilience, gender and prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH) and conflict sensitivity
- Engagement and agreement follow-up.
- Knowledge in project implementation and programme quality assurance, reporting.
- Effective communication skills
- Proven leadership skills and team management
- Proficiency in mitigation of conflicts
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- The capacity and willingness to be flexible and adapt approaches according to the changes in the overall context.
- Coherence in communication and actions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Romanian and Russian. Ukrainian will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the development / humanitarian sector/ government/ or with civil society organizations, with at least 3 years in management or coordination positions.
- Experience managing and implementing complex livelihoods, social inclusion, skills development, or labour market facilitation programs.
- Experience working in coordination roles within government or civil society organizations.
- Previous experience working and representing an organization at the senior level with state officials, public institutions and stakeholders, iNGOs, and International Institutions such as the UN and/or National Development Cooperation agencies.
- Technical experience working in the provision of technical assistance to civil society and government entities related to employment facilitation and/or private sector development.
Please mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) in English to HR.Moldova@helvetas.org.
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.